Challenge - Monday 12th May 2014

Welcome to Monday and the Monday Challenge

It's been an amazing second week of the Light and Shade Challenge. Tom and I have been sharing notes and we have enjoyed reading the contributions so much. I have literally laughed out loud and been close to tears. I am in awe.

If you have any feedback, suggestions or ideas please let us know. Do you think the two challenges in the week are a good idea or too much? How do you like the word count - too high, too low or just right? We started the Light and Shade Challenge because we were missing Trifecta, not because we thought we knew all the answers, so we are really grateful to get any feedback.

Anyway, are you ready to start the week?  Below you will find two prompts, one a picture and one a quote.  Have a look and see what story they inspire you to tell and then go for it - in 500 words or less!  You can use one or both and you don't need to refer to them in your writing, just follow that spark of inspiration whether it is fact, fiction or poetry.  You have until next Sunday at noon GMT so go for it.  Have fun, write some stuff and then use the link underneath to let people see it.  

Here is the picture prompt. Please credit if you use the picture on your own blog.

image courtesy of Evgeni Dinev/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Here is the quote.

Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove.
- Terry Pratchett

It is really encouraging to have comments on your work and it can give people a real lift.  Sometimes it is nice to just let someone know that their writing hit the spot.  Sometimes you can give a little help with a suggestion or hint.  Please comment on the other writers as much as you feel able.  The rule with that is the quote from WB Yeats, 'I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.'  These posts are someone's dreams.

Comments

  1. I love the twice a week prompts as well as the word count limits. It really pushes me to pay attention to what I'm writing! It also helps me find ideas for further stories from short scenes. Thank you for starting this up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha - good to know the format is working for you, and Lyssa and I really appreciate the feedback. We want Light and Shade Challenge to be a place where writers feel inspired and encouraged, and feedback like this is really useful for us in helping us decide how best to take things forward. - TM

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley - I look forward to seeing you around the place :D - TM

      Delete
  3. This format works very well for me.
    Thanks for all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you like it - and thank you for jumping in. It's great to see you. Lyssa M x

      Delete
  4. Adding to the comments of others, I am happy to be pulled back into the twice a week Rythm. Thank you for leading the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really glad you like it, thank you for the support. Lyssa M x

      Delete
  5. I, too, am enjoying prompts, as well as the feedback from other writers. This site is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Thanks so much for the thought and time you've put into it. I believe that as more people are exposed to it, it will grow, and I feel very blessed to have found you!

    God bless you,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind comment. We are both enjoying it and we are so glad that you feel at home here. Lyssa M x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Challenge Wednesday 27 June 2017

Challenge - 28th April 2014